- Under the direction of the Director of Radiology, and in consultation with the Medical Director, the Ultrasonographer Technologist performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical procedures within the imaging modality of Diagnostic Ultrasound for Radiological Diagnosis, with latitude for independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Duties include scanning of pelvic, OB/GYN, abdominal, small parts, and vascular imaging. Responsible for patient care, comfort and completion of required procedures. Is responsible for the assessment, treatment or care appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs. Possesses knowledge of growth and development and has an understanding of the range of treatment needed for all patient groups. Must maintain the department in compliance with rules and regulations set forth by governing agencies.
- Follows AIDET and accepts reassignment and additional duties, when necessary, in a flexible and positive manner.
- On call responsibilities required. If Technologist is trained in multiple modalities, (C.T., MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology), on call responsibilities will be assumed for two of the aforementioned modalities during the call period. Example: (Ultrasound/Nuclear medicine or C.T./Radiography).
- Completion of Ultrasonography program from accredited school
- ARDMS Certification preferred.
- Must have and maintain current BLS Certification or obtain within orientation process, prior to hands-on patient care.
- One (1) year of Ultrasound experience preferred.