— Get Hired at SVMC —
Prepare For Success
We’re thrilled that you’re interested in working for SVMC! We hope you’ll find the information on this page helpful in preparing you for our Application, Interview, and Hiring Processes.
Before You Apply
Please make note of the following items regarding our hiring process:
- All applications must be completed through our online system. Your resume can be uploaded to your application during the process. Although the system will allow applicants to build their resume as part of the application process, uploading a professional resume is preferred.
- Please ensure you meet the minimum qualifications of the position before submitting your application. The minimum qualifications are always listed in the job posting.
- Be sure the contact telephone number on your application is current and that your voicemail has been set up.
- Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. However, upon successful completion of your application, you will receive an email to alert you that the application was received.
- All applications and resumes are reviewed and the most qualified candidates for the position will be invited to come in to interview. After the interviews have been completed, the hiring manager will select the most qualified candidate for hire. The selected candidate will be called with an offer. The offer will be contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment process. The remaining candidates who were interviewed will receive an email to let them know that another candidate was selected. If no candidate is selected and the hiring manager decides to continue to interview for the position, all candidates who were interviewed will receive an email to let them know and the position will be reposted.
- The pre-employment process includes: a background screen, health screen, drug screen and a functional capacity test for the physical requirements of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about "EEO is the Law" . Mayo Clinic participants in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee’s From I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Sierra View Medical Center provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities to increase opportunities and eliminate barriers to employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process; to access job postings, to apply for a job, for a job interview, for pre-employment testing, or with the onboarding process, please contact HR at 559-788-6080.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out some of the most common questions from SVMC job seekers:
Do I need an email address to apply? What if I don't have an email address?
Yes, an email address is required to apply for a position. If you do not have an email address, you can get one at no cost through many different websites (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
Can two people apply using the same email address?
No. Each individual should have their own email address. If someone tries to apply using an email address that has already been used on an application, it will appear as if the first person applied. If you do not have an email address, you can get one at no cost through many different websites (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
Do I need to submit an application for each position?
Yes. A separate application must be submitted for each position. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to carry over someone’s application for another position.
How do I apply if I already work at Sierra View Medical Center?
Current SVMC employees who wish to apply for a transfer to another position or department can do one of two things:
- Click here to reach the Careers page for current employees. Click "Search" and all available positions will appear.
- Go to the Human Resources pages on the SVMC Intranet. Scroll down and click on the link that says “Apply for an internal position” (located under the Staff How To section). This will take you to the Careers search page. Click “Search” and all of the available positions will pull up.
To be eligible to transfer:
- The employee should have been employed in his or her position for at least 6 months.
- The employee should have an acceptable attendance record in his or her present position.
- Employees who have been issued corrective actions at the documented verbal and/or written warning level within six months of the date of an interview are required to share this information with the hiring manager prior to receiving a job offer. This information may be a deciding factor in the hiring decision. Failure to disclose any corrective action prior to accepting an offer of transfer may also result in additional discipline, up to and including denial of the transfer and/or the termination of employment.
- Employees with a final written warning are not eligible to apply for a transfer within six months of the date of issue of the final written warning.