*Shift: 8:00A - 4:30P
*Shift: 8:00A - 4:30P
- Under the direction of the Administrative Director of Imaging and Physical Therapy, Imaging Director, and in consultation with the Imaging Medical Director, the Lead Sonographer supervises the performance of general and vascular ultrasound exams. Must be knowledgeable in the area of patient requirements, especially safety and comfort. Is responsible for the assessment, treatment and care of patients, creating the work schedule, QC/QA programs and processes, education and training, ordering supplies, time card approval, evaluations, ensure regulatory agency compliance, and any other duties of daily operations at site(s) by organizing and prioritizing procedures and delegating specific duties to keep patient flow effective and in a timely manner. Must be competent to deliver care appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Ensures that the sonographers demonstrate the ability to obtain quality images and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs. Possesses the knowledge of growth and development and have an understanding of the range of treatment needed for all patient groups.
- The Lead Sonographer is responsible for being a role model of excellent customer service for the staff and other co-workers. S/he is expected to participate and/or lead Performance Improvement (PI) Projects. This position is a working Lead Sonographer position. Must maintain an environment of cohesiveness and teamwork.
- Must be familiar with all types of ultrasound equipment and accessories used in the department. Supervises and schedules sonographers to assigned areas and ensures that they are responsible for the assessment, treatment, and care of patients and are competent to deliver care appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Possesses the knowledge of growth and development, and has an understanding of the range of treatment needed for all patient groups. Must follow AIDET and accept reassignments and additional duties, when necessary, in a flexible and positive manner. May be assigned to work in other Imaging modalities.
- Must have completed a Sonography Training Program.
- ARDMS Certification required.
- RVT required within 12 months of hire.
- Must have and maintain current BLS Certification or obtain within orientation process, prior to hands-on patient care.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience in Sonography required.
- One (1) year of General, OB, Breast, Large & Small Parts, Invasive Procedures, and Vascular experience highly preferred.