Nurse Practitioner - RHC
Nurse Practitioner - Rural Health Clinic
*Shift: 8:00A - 5:00P
*Shift: 8:00A - 5:00P
- Provides primary care for individuals presenting for care to Sierra View Medical Center's (SVMC) Rural Health Center (RHC) in accordance with training and with the general policies and standards of practice as defined by SVMC facility & departmental policies, medical staff by-laws, and regulations as defined by Federal, State, and local government requirements in compliance with Medicare/Medi-Cal/CMS requirements of participation, and will be compliant with EMTALA.
- Will deliver care appropriate for an outpatient, primary care community health center with a multicultural patient population ranging in age from newborn to geriatric. Will elicit detailed patient histories and conduct complete advanced practice provider examinations, providing documentation of patient assessment and treatment to support care provided/diagnosis identified. Reaches timely diagnosis, orders appropriate testing for patient care needs, orders or provides direct patient care for patient specific needs, defines and discusses plan of care for patient including counseling of patient and family on health disease, providing appropriate discharge documentation, educational materials, prescriptions, and referrals to specialists as needed.
- Engages customers in a patient centered practice, utilizing patients preferred name, being courteous and engaging by recognizing and respecting the individual diversity of every patient and the uniqueness of every patient care event. Required to participate in the development, review, and approval of clinic policies and procedures as a part of active compliance with RHC program standards. Matrix Reporting Structure: Reports directly to Health Clinic Manager as delegated by the VP of Professional Services/Physician Recruitment. Secondarily reports to the Medical Director of RHC Services with a dotted line report to the VP of Patient Care Services. Oversight of medical practice is by the Medical Director.
- Must have and hold active and unrestricted Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant License from the California Board of Nursing.
- Must have and maintain current BLS Certification or obtain within orientation process, prior to hands-on patient care.
- ACLS/PALS is preferred.
- DEA Number and other documentation is required for credentialing through Medical Staff Services.
- Completion of a Nurse Practitioner academic program approved in accordance with the California Board of Nursing is required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in an RHC, Urgent Care or Emergency Department.