Manager of Respiratory
Management of Respiratory
- Under the direction of the Director of Respiratory Care Services and in consultation with the Medical Director, the Manager of Respiratory Care Services performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical procedures to provide respiratory care to the patients of Sierra View Medical Center, which requires the use of advanced Practitioner skills to intervene in complex patient care situations, with latitude for independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative within the scope of practice as defined by the State of California Respiratory Care Board, SVMC Hospital-wide Policy, SVMC Nursing Services Policy and Procedure and SVMC RCS Policy and Procedure on the order of a person lawfully authorized to give such order, or the initiation of emergency procedures. Responsible for patient care, comfort of the patients served.
- The participant integrates their department’s services with the Hospital’s primary functions and overall plan for care delivery and other departments. The participant develops and reviews house-wide and unit specific policies and where appropriate, coordinates policies with other primary functions and/or departments annually. The participant achieves and documents desired staffing to patient ratios within targeted goals. The participant determines the qualifications and competence of department personnel who provide patient care services and who are not licensed independent practitioners. The participant is involved directly and/or supports subordinate participation in the Employee Performance and Improvement process as measured by active participation in Quality Council activities annually, recommends capital equipment and physical space and resources appropriate to patient care needs and selects, orients, evaluates performance and competency of outside contractors and vendor services.
- Must have and maintain current licensure as an RCP in the state of California.
- Must have and maintain current BLS certification or obtain within orientation process, prior to hands-on patient care.
- Must have and maintain NRP certification or obtain within six (6) months of assignment in department.
- Must have (4) four years’ experience in a RCP or Lead role and a have a Bachelor’s degree in related field OR (4) four years of experience in a management role.
- Must have or obtain a National Certification in a related field as determined by respective Director within 90 days of acceptance of the position.