Echo Tech - Per Diem
- Under the direction of the Administrative Director of Imaging and Physical Therapy, Director of Imaging, and in consultation with the Medical Director and Cardiologists, the Echocardiography (Echo) Technologist performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical procedures within the imaging modality of Echocardiology for a diagnosis, with latitude for independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Duties include scanning of Cardiac Echo Imaging. Responsible for patient care, comfort and completion of required procedures. Is responsible for the assessment, treatment or care appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs. Possesses knowledge of growth and development; and has an understanding of the range of treatment needed for all patient groups. Must follow AIDET and accepts reassignment and additional duties, when necessary, in a flexible and positive manner.
- On call responsibilities may be required.
- Completion of an Echocardiography course/program or General Ultrasound program is required.
- ARDMS Certification in Echocardiology is preferred.
- Must have and maintain current BLS Certification or obtain within orientation process, prior to hands-on patient care.
- One (1) year of Ultrasound experience preferred.