*Shift: 8:00A - 4:30P
*Shift: 8:00A - 4:30P
- Reporting to the Director of Care Continuum, and under the clinical supervision of the VP of Patient Care Services/CNO and the Clinical Dietitian Manager, the Dietitian performs a variety of duties related to nutrition counseling of patients/families in private or group setting for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) diet education and clinical oversight with the Director of Food and Nutrition. This may include, but not limited to, diabetes education, weight management, cardiovascular disease, renal disease, malnutrition/weight gain, infants with failure to thrive, cancer and nutrition therapy, wound care nutrition therapy, gastrointestinal disorders and nutrition therapy, sports nutrition, and assessments/evaluations of patients with home tube feedings. Other responsibilities include wellness classes, creating nutrition education materials, and other responsibilities in these practice settings. The Dietitian must work with inpatient hospital staff and participate in community health care events as time permits. The position requires flexibility in hours worked and location in which education is provided. the Registered Clinical Dietitian performs nutrition screening/assessment, diet counseling for both inpatients and outpatients, patient visitation, diet consults, documentation in patient medical record and department records, and performance improvement and monitoring.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian with the Commission of Dietetic Registration.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred. . Should be able to obtain 75 CEU's every 5 years to remain CDR.
- Membership to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is encouraged.
- Must have and maintain current BLS or obtain within orientation process, prior to hands-on patient care.
- Must be knowledgeable of current diet therapy practices
- One (1) year of experience as an outpatient dietitian or as a clinical dietitian in an acute care or long term care setting is required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
- Should be familiar with food service systems operations.
- Supervisory experience desirable.