Charge Nurse - Recovery/PACU
Charge Nurse- Recovery/PACU
- Under the general direction of the Unit Director/Clinical Manager, the R.N. Charge Nurse independently provides holistic, individualized care using the nursing process for patients routinely seen on the unit. Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical competency, Nursing judgment, teaching skills, and a commitment to improving the quality of patient care. Independently performs general and unit-specific clinical skills. Contributes to the Sierra View District Medical Center's Patient Care Services and the Nursing profession in a positive manner.
- Is responsible for the coordination of quality patient care through the implementation of the Nursing process on a shift basis. Specific areas of responsibility include, but may not be limited to: serving as a resource person, role model, mentor, assuring therapies and treatments are given as ordered, immediate oversight of staff assigned to that unit, assisting in staff development, and direct communication with the Clinical Managers and Department Director of the unit as well as Administration as appropriate.
- Must have current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Must have and maintain current BLS Certification or obtain within orientation process, prior to hands-on patient care.
- Must have and maintain ACLS and PALS Certification or obtain within six (6) months of hire date.
- National certification will be identified and the time frame of completion will be determined by Director.
- Must have minimum two (2) years unit specific clinical experience.